- Manuscripts should be submitted electronically as word documents using font Garmond 12.
- A typical article for this journal should be more than 3000 and no more than 15000 words; this limit includes tables, references, figure captions, footnotes and endnotes.
- Articles should be double-spaced, with at least one-inch margins.
- Mention any proposed illustrations with the initial submission but do not send the illustration themselves. If the article is accepted, illustrations may be submitted either electronically as TIFF files (300 dpi) or as scanner-ready hard copies (e.g. photographs of artwork).
- Please note that all submissions with images must have permissions for republication if taken from books or websites. Unless permissions have not been obtained the articles will not be sent out to referees.
- The journal follows The Chicago Manual of Style, Sixteenth Edition and prefers citations using author-date system (available at http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide/citation-guide-2.html). References should be given in the text only with full bibliographic information at the end of each paper. Notes other than references will be printed as footnotes, and should be used judiciously. Authors must strictly comply with the journal notation style.
- For transliteration of Persian, Arabic and Turkish words authors may follow the transliteration table of the Encyclopedia Iranica but omit the diacritical marks (available at http://www.iranicaonline.org/pages/guidelines). If transliterations are not strictly consistent the paper would be returned to the author.
The names and emails entered on this site are used by the magazine solely for the purpose of being expressed and will not be available to any other person or organization.